Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Woven Totes with Three-Dimensional Flowers. 1960s. Maker: JR Florida, USA. Fraternal twins from famous maker JR (Julius Resnick) Florida, both are woven, burlap-type fabric bags. Both are tote-style with kiss-lock inner pockets large enough to hold a wallet. And both, delightfully, have 3-D velveteen flowers and leaves, and a whimsical faux gem bug fluttering above.

While the JR company created numerous styles of purses, this style of bag is one you’ll find a lot of, with varying designs on the front, including some with needlework. Regular followers of this blog know I have a weird passion for 3-D stuff, so my favorites are the purses with embellishments like these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


HEY! If you're in the Los Angeles area this Sunday, October 2, come see me at the West Hollywood Book Fair. I'll be in booth C6 with other Zumaya Publications' authors and signing copies of my novel I MURDERED THE PTA.


No comments: