Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gold "Where the Boys Are" and "Where the Girls Are" Large Handbag


Gold "Where the Boys Are" and "Where the Girls Are" Large Handbag. 1960s. Maker: Custom Original Pert Bag California. Fabulous, large-size, rectangular, super-shiny gold lame faux leather purse with plastic-covered windows featuring an incredible painted design on each side. One side is “Where the Girls Are” – “Coiffures, Reducing Salon, Furriers” and the other is “Where the Boys Are” – “Burlesque, Joe’s Bar,” and the racetrack. There are also strategically placed clear rhinestones. Three inner pockets, including one that zips. Four goldtone feet.

As you know, I have many purses, but this recent find ranks up there as one of my most delightful. I have never seen one like this! (Of course now that I’ve said that…)

Photobucket

BONUS! In honor of Grandparents Day, which is today, September 9, here is a pin-up style picture of my wonderful grandmother, circa 1930. She was as sweet as she was beautiful. I hope I am as close to my grandchildren (I only have one right now, but would love more!) as she was to me.

Photobucket




No comments: