Saturday, December 1, 2012

1920s Beaded Drawstring Flapper Purse


Beaded Drawstring Flapper Purse. 1920s. Maker: Unknown. Hundreds of ivory-colored beads sewn together to form a bag. Drawstring closure. Very delicate.

I don’t have many of these very old, utterly gorgeous purses, simply because I like being able to use my vintage clothes, purses and jewelry rather than just have them for display. However, this lovely little bag found its way into a photo my kids and I were in about ten years ago. That’s us, in clothes from my collection, on my husband’s 1928 Ford Model A. The kids have since grown up, the Model A is now an awesome hot rod, and I still have those three purses. You can see the drawstring one in the lap of that angelic little darling, who’s now a junior in college!








No comments: