Southern California Vintage Purse Museum Feasibility Questionnaire
If you would like to participate in a feasibility study as part of my certification in Art Museum and Gallery Studies, please copy and paste these questions and your answers and email them to me. Your answers to the questions below are not only a very important part of my final course in this program, but also extremely helpful in determining if the online-only museum, The Vintage Purse Gallery, can become a brick-and-mortar museum on the west coast. Please fill in as many answers possible and return this questionnaire to me at firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks. Thanks very much for your assistance. –Wendy Dager
1. Are you a collector, dealer, manufacturer or other? If other, please describe.
2. Where do you live? (City, state.)
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how important is vintage fashion to you, either personally or in business?
4. What type of vintage fashion interests you? (Name as many that apply: Clothing, jewelry, accessories, etc. Or, be as specific as you wish: e.g. 1920s mesh purses, midcentury Kelly bags, high-end costume jewelry, Shaheen Hawaiian dresses, etc.)
5. What are your personal feelings about the establishment of a vintage purse and fashion museum on the west coast?
6. Who do you think would be interested in going to this type of museum? (Is there a specific demographic—age, gender, socioeconomic status, etc.?)
7. Is there a specific city, neighborhood or general area you feel would best suit its presence?
8. Do you think such a museum would be successful in Ventura County?
9. What sort of amenities do you think this museum should have (e.g. exhibit floor, private party room, museum store, café, other?)
10. What is the approximate minimum square footage you believe is necessary for such a museum?
11. What do you think a fair entry price would be? Should it offer senior/children’s/group discounts?
12. Did you know there is a purse museum in Littlerock, Arkansas? Have you visited it?
13. If there were a purse museum in Southern California, how often would you patronize it?
14. If you are a dealer or collector (or other, if applicable), would you be willing to provide temporary exhibits to this museum in exchange for publicity?
15. If this museum were to obtain nonprofit status, would you be interested in serving on its board of directors?
16. Would you be interested in attending or planning special events, such as fundraisers, auctions, fashion shows, or theme parties? (Please make event suggestions here.)
17. Do you know of any potential donors who would provide individual or corporate sponsorship?
18. Do you know of any art/fashion/museum students (or a school that would provide a pool of students) willing to work at such a museum for internship credit?
19. If you have any comments, concerns or ideas, please write them here.