Saturday, June 30, 2007

1970s-Style Beaded Peacock Tote. Maker unknown. Linen-like textured fabric with painted on blue-green peacock and glued-on gold trim and sewn-on beads and rhinestones. Wooden handle. I’m calling it ‘70s style, because I’m not sure that it’s truly vintage, due to the “Made in China” tag on the inside. Also, it was in deceptively perfect condition when I picked it up at the Goodwill for six bucks. Still, I love the peacock motif. In fact, I have seven vintage chenille peacock bathrobes. Which is another story. And almost another blog. (Note: See comments below for this mystery bag's humble origins. Thank you, Sweetheartville!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Holly Hall said...

I love this! I have sort of a thing for peacocks, especially jeweled ones on purses. I think this particular bag is a new one from Target like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22848658@N00/495303972/

No less cute though! Keep 'em comin'!

VintagePurseGal said...

Yep! It's exactly the same bag. Bummer, because I despise Target. I'm into much classier shopping boutiques, like the Salvation Army.