Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Multi-colored Plastic Cord Purse. 1940s. Maker unknown, but some of these bags were made by the Plasticoil company. Many sellers and collectors refer to these as “Telephone Cord” or “Phone Cord” purses, but that's not accurate, since they were produced in an era before colorful phones were popular. My understanding is that, after World War II, some of the companies that produced wartime plastics were out of a job, so they started making these funky bags. I’ve seen them in white, ivory, brown, black, navy, and multi, in all sorts of shapes and conditions, with a variety of zipper pulls and closures. While I was researching these on the Web, I saw another one I just love. But I’m not going to buy it. I’m not. I’m not… oh, no… I feel myself weakening… weak... weaker...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: